Monday, September 20, 2010

Thoughts on RSS Reader and Blogs

I think RSS reader is a really interesting tool that allows the user a lot more flexibility on the internet. It saves time and is easy to sort the material that you are interested in. Also rather than surfing the web non stop for items that you want to read, the RSS reader I use through google bring the information I want directly to me. Another thing i enjoy about the reader is being able to share my subscriptions or browse through the reader for additional links.

For this assignment I searched through blogs to find some related to Social Network Marketing in Nonprofit organizations. There was plenty of information available on the topic, at times overwhelming. Using the Reader by google I was able to sort the material out that I wanted to read, as well as create a whole folder just for this assignment.

For Example the blog "Marketing a Website Through YouTube"  provided information on the usefulness and benefits companies can redeem my advertising on YouTube.  I found this helpful for our upcoming project.
http://choose4me.com/market-a-website-through-youtube/

Another Blog titled "6 Tips for Making Content Pop on the Social Web" Will also being of help for our project of Marketing a Nonprofit Organization through social networks. This blog gave ideas on how to make content stand out by still portray quality.
http://www.toprankblog.com/2010/09/making-content-pop-social-web/

1 comment:

  1. I found "marketing a website through YouTube" very hard to read. It reads like a machine translation from some other language.

    ReplyDelete